Saturday, November 10, 2007

Nothing like it



There's nothing like having dinner at a really great restaurant with your fiance' to start the weekend off. On Thursday night we went to Vapiano's, a really cool pasta and pizza place. The carb estimation was alittle off because of the homemade pasta and fresh tomatoes. But we ended up having a great time at a really cool bar called 1223, or MCXXIII (I think?) on the outskirts of Dupont Circle. A pretty relaxed atmosphere and normally a great open bar special on Thursday (6-9pm, $15, all you can drink) and on Friday (5-9pm, $20, all you can drink).


Last night, the fiance' and I picked up Guitar Hero for our Wii. Needless to say, my wrist and forearm are killing me. I didn't think I would like the game, but it's crazy addictive! We also met up with my younger sister who crashed at our place last night. We got up this morning and decided to spend the day walking around Georgetown. We grabbed lunch at Johnny Rocket's and then managed to walk a few miles through the neighborhood, down to the waterfront, past the Watergate Hotel and the Kennedy Center, and then through the GW campus to Foggy Bottom. My sister is 6 years younger than me, so it was great to get to spend some time with her since the last 4 years I've been away at school. I make it a policy to see my family atleast once a week since I only like about 22 miles away from them.

I'm back at my parent's tonight as tomorrow at my church I'm recruiting people for our outdoor Christmas Pageant. Yes, I'm directing it. And yes, it's proving to be much more work than I thought.

Ugh, the blood sugar is high again after dinner with my parents at my favorite Tex Mex place...gotta go and take care of that, nothing like trying to correct a crazy high.

No comments: