Saturday, November 17, 2007

More about "Him"

Ross and I met for the first time when we were in 9th grade, during Mr. Pell's Social Studies class. He was a smart guy who played soccer, but I was interested in other people. He was dating a girl named Allison but I always thought he was really cute.

Fast forward two years. My good friend Stefanie, who I played softball with, liked Ross and I would throw the softball over hear head during warm-ups so that she would have to talk to Ross to get it. That summer she started dating Ross' best friend.

A few months later, a mutual friend of ours invited me over to hang out and after a night of truth or dare. I realized that Ross was a really cool guy. That week we talked online and hung out. He invited me to see Ocean's 11 with him on a Saturday evening and he kissed me after he walked me to my car. The next day, after school, he called me and asked me to be his girlfriend.

We dated throughout high school, and decided to try and make it work when we went to college, 2 hours apart, even though everyone including our parents told us that it probably wouldn't work out. We broke up for 4 days during the first month of freshman year in college.

We've been together ever since. He encourages me to be a better person and pushes me to follow me dreams. He's one of the most loving people that I have ever met. He challenges me, but also makes me realize that life is sometimes not as serious as I believe that it is. He's loud and outgoing and I am more quiet and reserved.

I didn't believe in high school love and never thought that when I agreed to go out with an awkward high school junior that he would turn into the most driven, handsome, 23 year old that I could have imagined.

And in June, he's going to be my husband.

1 comment:

Sandra Miller said...

Congratulations!!

Ross sounds like a terrific guy.

(And congratulations, too, on the new job!)