Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Surviving

I survived the gym last night. Fiance and I went since I ended up having a mini meltdown after a trip to CVS.

Rant: For the last year and a half, I've read everyone's blog and thought "Whoa, I'm glad I don't have to fight with my insurance company or with a pharmacy to get the supplies I need" but with the new insurance at my new job, things were going along too smoothly. I went to CVS to get my strips (I signed up for my provider's online pharmacy which is MUCH cheapers) until my online shipment arrived. I was supposed to receive 100 strips with 0 refills. Instead, I got 100 strips and 1 refill. Ugh. Now, I'm sort of illiterate when it comes to this stuff because I used to receive 600 strips at a time, so I don't know if this is kosher or not. I mean, now, I have to go back, pay the copay and get my other 100. Why not just give me the 200 now? I know people have it alot worse, but all I have to say is thank goodness for military (read: AWESOME) health insurance. : End Rant.

So, 40 minutes on the treadmill with varying inclines. The fiance' ran and I walked briskly. I'm amazed by him and his ability to do anything athletic (like rollerskate...or ice skate...or run without looking like an idiot or falling off the treadmill). We came home and had a delicious dinner of chicken and sauteed snowpeas.

And an oatmeal raisin cookie...I mean, I did go to the gym.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Heck yeah, there's your motivation. A tasty cookie when you are done.

I'm sorry to hear about the crazyness with the test strips. That would be frustrating. I've had some trouble with insurance myself. Not fun.

Well keep on "Surviving" you can do it.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about the test trips-- that's gotta be annoying! but congrats on surviving the gym- I'm sure you can do it again! (if there's the promise of another oatmeal raisin cookie maybe?) :)