Friday, March 21, 2008

Endo Appointment- Getting what you want...

Wednesday morning I had an appointment at my new Endo's. The morning started out really rough with an awful low in the middle of the night and waking up to find myself completely disconnected from my pump and teetering in the 300s. I knew this did not bode well for my arrival at the new endo's office.

My fiance' went with me to eliminate the stress of trying to find the place (I get lost...alot...despite having a navigation system). I saw a younger PA named Wendy and her student which was actually really cool ("Do you mind if Nadine feels your enlarged thyroid gland, as well?) She was extensive in doing my family history and even did a pretty decent exam. And then came to the how happy I was with the pump and how efficient I was with carb counting. I think I do a good job, but I'd love to really get a better idea of how my body is responding to the foods that I eat and to the exercise that I'm trying to incorporate to get my cholesterol down. So, Wendy told me about their CDE Kim that's in charge of their pump starts AND THEIR CGMs!!! So, on April 15, I'm meeting with Kim to test out a Dexcom for a week. Supposedly, she's had some great luck in getting it approved in the last few months, so if it's something that I like, she can help me out.

I'm super excited about trying it out-but sort of nervous. I've read alot about CGMs technology and I'm hoping that I find wearing one to be beneficial rather than a hindrance. This is a sort of crazy time in my life right now, but I figured I would give it a go and then maybe try it again after the wedding sometime this summer. Do you all have any advice on wearing a CGM? Let me know!

Happy Friday!

No comments: