Tuesday, July 22, 2008

6 Years at 6.6

Last week it struck me that tomorrow happens to be my 6 year diabetes anniversary. I also found out from my endo that my A1C was a 6.6, the lowest that it's ever been despite the whole wedding things and all of the stress associated to that.

It got me thinking about how lucky I am to have a great support system that encourages me to take the best care of myself that I can, a job that is really fulfilling, and just the fact that right now I'm living well.

I'm writing this from my Blackberry on my way to Orlando to the CWD Friends for Life Conference. Tomorrow night I'll get to meet some of the bloggers that I truly admire and I'll get to celebrate 6 years of this disease with some of my favorite work friends. Ross my husband will be in Orlando on Thursday night to attend the conference and get an even bigger glimpse of what this diabetes thing is all about.

I may also play the lotto because 6 years at 6.6 just seems very lucky.

No comments: