Friday, February 16, 2007

Frosty Friday


<---Current art obession: "Waiting" by Andy Warhol

Well, here in VA were blanket and trying to dig out of the great ice storm that hit on Tuesday evening. Since the temperature rose above freezing this afternoon and caused the ice from the roof of my apartment building to melt, there is now a huge icy patch on the bottom stairs going out of my apartment to the parking lot which I manage to slip on and fall down the remaining steps into a huge puddle. No broken bones or anything, but a mildly busted up hand and very sore butt and knee. My good friend was behind me and fell when he went to help me up. It must have been a funny site, now that I think about it.

Diabetes wise, things are going alright. Nothing new to report, which I feel is a good thing. My weekly average is alot better than last week, even after eating things that normally make my body freak out like lasagna (I made it from scratch on Valentine's Day for my roomies since we didn't have class).

I applied for a job today, so I'm beginning to stress alittle less when it comes to stuff like that even though I'm still uncertain exactly what I want to do. My degree when I finish will be in Sociology (yes, it's okay to say "What are you going to do with that?" My friends still ask :o)) but I'm really interested in marketing, programming, event planning in the diabetes arena. It seems like alot of people in the OC have pursued careers related to diabetes...is it something you all feel into or actively pursued? Also, how do you all deal with the diabetes in interview settings? For example, if you are going to work for a pharm company, a diabetes nonprofit, or a medical device company, would you mention that you have diabetes? I know employers can't legally ask, but if you consider that having diabetes a selling point, do you bring it up? Let me know what you all have done!

Hope everything is going well with everyone!

No comments: