Tuesday, February 26, 2008
1. Ross and I ate at an awesome restaurant a few weeks ago called Open City in the Adams Morgan section of DC. It was this great little coffee shop/diner/bar place with some of the best pie that I've had. We don't often get dessert when we go out, but the gorgeous piece of blackberry goodness was too hard to refuse. If you're in the DC area, you should check it out!
2. I was downtown for a Web 2.0 seminar today and realized I do miss working amidst the hustle and bustle. I'm working in VA now and the area is not nearly as cool. For example, there is no Well-Dressed Burrito Restaurant in the alley next to my building and I sort of hate that.
3. One of my bffs from college is coming to town in Saturday and we're going to take her out in the city, which means venturing to some of our favorite clubs for dancing and drinks. I love getting dressed up and going out and CANNOT WAIT til the weekend!
1. Diabetes is blah.
1. I'm staying super busy with projects and trainings and stuff.
2. I also picked up the book "The 4 Hour Workweek" by Timothy Ferriss after seeing it on ChronicBabe.com and am excited to finish it. A review will come when I'm done.
What's new with you guys?
Friday, February 15, 2008
1. I'm venturing down to Williamsburg, VA this weekend to see my two best friends from college. Shopping at the outlets, dinner at a tres chic restaurant, and browsing through the colonial area. The weather is supposed to cooperate and I'm looking forward to a night of wine drinking and chick flick watching with my girls.
2. Valentine's Day was amazing! I made calzones for the fiance' and we enjoyed hanging out and watching a movie. He got me a beautiful bouquet of daisies (Gerber, my faves!) and a really cute card!
3. My job is going really well and things have gotten super busy. So glad that I got the opportunity to come and work here. And I have Monday off. Wahoo!
4. Agh, the wedding! Can it magically happen? Please? I need to do some many of the little things and June is going to be here before I know it.
5. Oh, and the fiance' and I have decided to move. Our lease is up the week before our wedding and we don't want to renew...what would you do?
Have a great weekend!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
101. My younger sister used to be obessed with the 101 Dalmatians movie. I now, even at the age of 23, know all the worlds to all of the songs in that film.
100. I have blue eyes and dark brown hair and am not nearly as tan as I would like to be.
99. I bite my fingernails religiously.
98. I wear a size 91/2 or 10 shoe, so my feet resemble skis
97. My first job was as a Guest Service Representative at Target. I was 17 and a customer made me cry once.
96. I have technically only ever been on one first date.
95. My first car was a Plymouth Neon. It died on the way home from the Baltimore Inner Harbor this past August.
94. I was born in Montana.
93. I've lived in the Northern Virginia area for about 13 years.
92. I went to school at James Madison University where I was a Sociology major.
91. My favorite movie list includes: Can't Hardly Wait, 10 Things I Hate About You, Superbad, The Holiday, and pretty much every Christmas movie ever produced.
90. My favorite Starbucks drink is a Tall Skim Extra Hot Carmel Macchiato.
89. I'm slightly obessed with Disney World- My favorite park is MGM Studios.
88. I've seen 98 Degrees in concert twice- My favorite member was Jeff Timmons.
87. I am getting married on 06/07/08 because my fiance' is a nerd.
86. I overuse the exclamation mark!!!
85. I wish I was motivated all the time.
84. I have one sister, who is 6 years younger than me. She is my best friend.
83. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 17. I've been on an insulin pump since I was 20.
82. I have a plethora of other ailments which I care not to discuss because they depress me.
81. My favorite time of year is between Thanksgiving and Christmas
80. I speak to my mom atleast once a day, even though I don't live at home.
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Rant: For the last year and a half, I've read everyone's blog and thought "Whoa, I'm glad I don't have to fight with my insurance company or with a pharmacy to get the supplies I need" but with the new insurance at my new job, things were going along too smoothly. I went to CVS to get my strips (I signed up for my provider's online pharmacy which is MUCH cheapers) until my online shipment arrived. I was supposed to receive 100 strips with 0 refills. Instead, I got 100 strips and 1 refill. Ugh. Now, I'm sort of illiterate when it comes to this stuff because I used to receive 600 strips at a time, so I don't know if this is kosher or not. I mean, now, I have to go back, pay the copay and get my other 100. Why not just give me the 200 now? I know people have it alot worse, but all I have to say is thank goodness for military (read: AWESOME) health insurance. : End Rant.
So, 40 minutes on the treadmill with varying inclines. The fiance' ran and I walked briskly. I'm amazed by him and his ability to do anything athletic (like rollerskate...or ice skate...or run without looking like an idiot or falling off the treadmill). We came home and had a delicious dinner of chicken and sauteed snowpeas.
And an oatmeal raisin cookie...I mean, I did go to the gym.
Monday, February 04, 2008
- Friday- dinner with the Fiance' and Best Man at Olive Garden. Delicious Cappelini Pomodoro and massive amounts of insulin. Wine and We Are Marshall. Great evening.
- Saturday- hanging out with my parents, delicious dinner at my favorite bbq restaurant, Verizon to look for a Blackberry that will provide me constant access to my e-mail, and then a night out on the town (ADAMS MORGAN, 'nuff said) at a really fun club
- Sunday- Recovering from lack of sleep from said fun night out, making chili for a Super Bowl party, catching up on wedding stuff, laundry, and then watching the Super Bowl. I went to bed much too late, which explains today's 2pm trip to Starbucks for a Grande Skim Carmel Macchiato.
Today has been super busy at work. So much so, that I'm thinking about how much longer I'll be here. The fiance' is dragging me to the gym tonight and I'm hoping to go for the next three weeks with some regularity. I hate the gym. No good reason for it, I just am lazy, I guess. For someone that went to softball practice for years- I just can't motivate myself once I get home from work to put on gym clothes, delaying cooking and eating dinner, and trekking back out to walk on a treadmill to only have my blood sugar plumet 40 minutes later.
I need motivation.